Welcome to the Trigeminal Neuralgia Association UK’s website, www.tna.org.uk. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy outlines how we collect, use, store, and protect your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The Trigeminal Neuralgia Association UK is the data controller responsible for your personal data. Our contact details are as follows: [email protected]. For any privacy-specific concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
Data Collection and Use
We collect personal data to provide and improve our services. Types of data we collect include:
- Personal Identification Information: Name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Web Usage Data: IP addresses, browser types, and usage details through cookies on www.tna.org.uk.
Your data is used for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our services and resources.
- For customer support and feedback.
- To improve website performance and user experience on www.tna.org.uk.
- For marketing purposes, with your explicit consent.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process your data based on:
- Consent: When you have given clear consent for specific purposes.
- Contract: The processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal Obligation: Compliance with our legal obligations.
- Legitimate Interests: Processing for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, unless overridden by your interests or fundamental rights.
Data Sharing and Transfer
Your personal data is not shared with third parties except:
- To comply with legal obligations.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- With service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services to www.tna.org.uk.
- For processing payments through secure payment processors.
We ensure all data transfers comply with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, including transfers outside the UK.
We implement appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your personal data on www.tna.org.uk.
Under GDPR, you have rights including:
- Access: You can request access to your personal data held by the Trigeminal Neuralgia Association UK.
- Rectification: You can request correction of inaccurate personal data.
- Erasure: You can request erasure of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Restrict Processing: You can request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Data Portability: You can request the transfer of your personal data to another organization.
- Object: You can object to the processing of your personal data.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
We retain your personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this policy from time to time. The latest version will always be posted on www.tna.org.uk.
For any questions or concerns about this policy or your personal data, please contact us at [email protected].